Friday, December 2, 2011

What I'm Thankful For Fridays

So today has been kind of an off week. Got some marks back that I'm not too happy about, had some weird emotions running through my mind, and overall I just am so glad it's Friday. Lately, I've been finding some little things in life that have been keeping my spirits up, which I think can be accredited to my low level of homesickness, regardless of the fact I'm not loving a lot of stuff going on right now. I decided that every Friday (that I can remember) I'm going to do a little post about the things this week, big or little, that I am thankful for because I'm a true believer that if you focus on the good things in life, life is a lot better than it could be. 

What I'm thankful for this Friday:

-My best friend Chrissy
-Zen tea from Starbucks
-Happy bus drivers 
-Florence and the Machine (recommended by Chrissy)
-My first gay friend ever, who makes my day every time I run into him on campus
-Isabelle, who I consider my best friend in Ottawa, and her talks that keep me sane
-Sabrina, one of my pledge sisters, who I can tell anything to
-Skype for keeping me in contact with all of my friends/family across the country 
-Brightly coloured nail polish
-Being able to go home for the holidays (T minus 17 days) 

"Optimism is the key" - Will Champion 

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment