Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mmm Breakfast

So lately, I've been obsessed with two kinds of blogs. First, fashion, I don't know why, I've never been much of a fashionista, but I feel like lately more than ever I am really beginning to appreciate peoples eyes for fashion. Secondly, I'm loving food blogs, because who doesn't love food? For me, I've always loved breakfast. Wether it be cereal, an egg, or pancakes, breakfast has a special place in my heart because it reminds me of mornings at the cabin, or at home, when the whole family would be together. Or, of course, the hangover breakfasts that my closest friends and I get to share quite often during the summer months. One of my favourite breakfast staples has always been the family breakfast sandwich. My dad has been making these for as long as I can remember, they're delicious, and they hit (almost) all the food groups. You will need:

-an english muffin (I prefer whole wheat)
-an egg
-black forest ham
-cheddar cheese 
-fry pan
-baking sheet
-toaster

To begin, slice the english muffin in two and place it in the toaster. While the muffin is toasting, slice enough cheese to cover one face of the muffin. Place the egg in the fry pan and cook to your liking (personally I love over easy as the yolk oozes out in the sandwich mmm). When the toaster pops, remove the muffin halves and cover one face with the cheddar cheese, and the other with enough ham to cover the face (usually 1 or 2 slices). Place the two muffin halves onto the baking sheet and broil until the cheese begins to bubble. Remove the muffin from the oven and place the egg onto the ham half, season with salt and pepper if you would like, and place the cheese half on top. Voila! You have a breakfast sandwich in less than 5 minutes! Usually I have this with a large glass of orange juice or coffee, and some yogurt with either strawberries or raspberries. Starts the day off on an absolutely delicious note! 

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment