Friday, September 16, 2011

TGIF

So today is Friday (thank God seriously). This week felt like it was going by so quickly but it was a busy one and I just can't wait until I don't have to wake up to my alarm, unfortunately that will be Sunday and not tomorrow, oh well. Today after I was finished classes, I had a nice workout (only cardio, I was too lazy/antsy to do weights) and then headed to the grocery store. I found myself with a new mentality while perusing the aisles than I used to have in Edmonton. Now, living on my own, I have to be a little more conscious of what I'm spending and I caught myself going for the crackers/cheese/yogurt that was on sale (yay me). I wasn't planning on doing a HUGE grocery shop today, but that's what ended up happening, two hundred and something dollars later I have a jam-packed fridge finally! I look forward to making myself real meals this week as opposed to grilled cheese and tomato soup, or spaghetti and pasta sauce, although both will remain favorites for quick eats. 
Tomorrow I don't have too too much planned, I'm meeting up with a potential bike seller seeing as I'm really in the need of one without a car here. It seems that everyone in Ottawa rides bikes, I wonder if/when this will ever happen in Edmonton. After (hopefully) purchasing the bike, I have an Amazing Race function with one of the sororities I'm going through rush with, and then might be going out tomorrow night. I feel so old lately that staying up past midnight seems like a chore so we'll see if nightlife and I can get along this year or not. 
Sundays, I always set aside for me time. By me time, I really meen school time, sifting through my readings for the week, and church if I'm lucky, although I haven't been able to make it out to a service since I've moved east, maybe this weekend it will happen, that would be nice. 
As for now, I'm browsing my favorite blogs with a Venti Zen tea in one hand (one teabag only, with 2 sugars, and steamed milk) and a brownie in the other, at my new favorite Starbucks on Elgin Street (in my new city? scary how that sounds...). It's silly how I almost forgot it was a Friday night, until I made my way out my door and was greeted by people dressed up and gathering around the doorways of restaurants and bars along Elgin. Lucky me, dressed in leggings, a hoodie, and doning my glasses (eye savers these days) I stuck out like a sore thumb. Oh well, these days I'd rather be reading/studying/lounging than going out, how lame am I? It brings up a question I've been asking myself lately, are the words lame and mature interchangeable these days? I'll leave that up to you to decide. As for me, I'm going to be "mature" and hit the sheets before midnight on a Friday night.

-C 

No comments:

Post a Comment